TAtechEurope, the leading conference in Europe for talent acquisition technology companies and their customers, will be held in the conference center of Croke Park Stadium, Home of the Gaelic Games, on March 13-14 in Dublin, Ireland.
The conference is open to all technology companies, agencies and publishers worldwide as well as to HR and Talent Acquisition professionals in corporate enterprises, staffing firms and RPOs.
As you can see from the Agenda, one of the unique features of TAtechEurope will be the caliber of the presenters – to a person, they are the real experts in talent acquisition technology. So, over the next several weeks, I’ll use my Job Board Journalist post to introduce several of them to you. Without further ado, I’m please to introduce you to Felix Wetzel, CMO-Global for PocketRecruiter.com.
Tell us a little about your background and how you got involved with the talent acquisition solutions industry.
I joined Jobsite in 1999 early on, helped build it into Evenbase (including Jobrapido, Broadbean and Oilcareers) and stayed until all parts of the business were sold. Cradle to Grave. Since then I have been advising HR Tech Start Ups on their marketing and business strategies and have worked with recruitment agencies and employers to improve their talent attraction and digitization.
You’re the CMO of PocketRecruiter.com. How long has the company been in operation and what does it do?
As the CMO of Pocket Recruiter, I head up the business in EMEA. Pocket Recruiter started in November 2014, but it wasn’t until March 2017 that we took it to market.
Pocket Recruiter is an expert sourcing system capable of learning to read your job descriptions like a human recruiter, to understand what’s most important and what’s required of a qualified candidate. Pocket Recruiter then searches multiple internal and external candidate sources, evaluates and identifies the most qualified candidates without any human intervention. It learns from the recruiter’s actions (what is important, who was selected, who was rejected, who was put forward to interview, who was hired, who was hired by whom, what are the similarities in this cluster, what sets them apart), then adjusts the subsequent searches automatically, to bring back even more suitable candidates.
It is this combination of automation and learning that helps Pocket Recruiter clients to achieve some remarkable results: time to shortlist reduced to 20 minutes, interviews up by 24%, time on engaging with candidates and qualifying jobs increased by 40%, leading to significant financial gains through savings on 3rd party costs and increased revenues.
You’re going to be speaking about AI and machine learning at TAtechEurope. Without giving away the store, what are some of the points you’ll be covering?
What AI can and can’t do, how it can help recruiters today, what to look out for when rolling out an AI system, how AI needs to be built in a GDPR world.
In your view, what’s the single greatest challenge facing our industry today?
Old systems and people’s habits.
And, equally as important, what do you think is the industry’s greatest opportunity going forward?
To becoming a truly people centric industry, with creativity and empathy at its heart. And that all thanks to AI and Machines.
Food for thought,
TAprose and Job Board Journalist by Peter Weddle are brought to you by TAtech: The Association for Talent Acquisition Solutions.
Mark Your Calendars! TAtech’s 2018 events include:
• February 12-13, 2018 Scottsdale, Arizona USA: The TAtech Leadership Summit on AI/Machine Learning in Talent Acquisition – the only conference totally focused on the capabilities and impact of AI/ML/NLP in recruitment. See you next year!
• March 13-14, 2018 Dublin, Ireland: TAtechEurope 2018 – the premier event for recruitment advertising and technology thought & business leaders in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
• April 18-19, 2018 Las Vegas, Nevada USA: The TAtech Spring Congress & Meetup – a unique conference designed to maximize opportunities for B2B networking, trending topic discussions and the exploration of partnerships and business opportunities.
• June 5-6, 2018 Minneapolis, Minnesota USA: The TAtech Leadership Summit on Programmatic Ad Buying – the only conference totally focused on the technology and applications of programmatic ad buying by both publishers and advertisers.
• September 26-27, 2018 Bourbon Street New Orleans, Louisiana USA: The TAtech Fall Congress & World Job Board Forum – the only conference that brings together the global thought and business leaders of the TA technology industry.