Jonathan Duarte – The Conversational Job Search
“Getting accurate job search results wasn’t due to some algorithm, or artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning, it was through a ” conversational job search” with multiple back-and-forth, short questions and answers.” Jonathan Duarte, Co-Founder, GoBe- The Job Bot
According to Jonathan Duarte’s January 19, 2016, article posted on Linkedin: “In a short 30 day period, while still in beta testing, GoBe racked up some incredible statistics; GoBe, managed over 100,000 messages with job seekers in over 106 countries, and almost all of the traffic and users came from social media shares, likes and comments…”
“When we set out to help job seekers find jobs, we knew that the current job search process wasn’t working for a lot of job seekers. As a 20 year veteran of the Internet recruiting technology market, and founder of one of the first Internet job boards, I knew there were ways to improve the process, but didn’t know what would work best.”
Welcome to a Talent Acquisition Channel podcast on TotalPicture Radio. I’m your host Peter Clayton. Joining me today is Jonathan Duarte, a founder and CEO with 20 years of experience in the Internet Recruiting market. His new company, GoHire was founded by Jonathan and Mike Lam, former Director of Business Intelligence, entrepreneur and investor.
- Tell us about your background, and how you got involved in talent acquisition technology.
- During my intro, I quoted from the article you posted on LinkedIn (and of course, listeners, you’ll find a link to this and other resources in Jonathan’s show notes). The headline of the LinkedIn article, ” The Conversational Job Search – 100,000 Messages – from 106 Countries – in 30 Days!”
- So first off, you have to define for us what a chatbot is.
- Now, tell us the story behind your headline.
- So your first chatbot is called GoBe. You’ve explained what a chatbot is, how, specifically does it work. Give us an example.
- Let’s return to the headline of your article. 100,000 Messages — as you know as well as anyone, Jonathan, volume is usually not a problem with any kind of job posting, which typically receive 300 or more responses on a typical job board. Quality is the issue: Candidates who are actually qualified for the role they’re applying for. How does GoBe, and chatbot technology is general, address candidate qualifications?
- Back to your headline Conversational Job Search – who is conducting these conversations? The recruiters I know don’t have the time to sit on Facebook messenger all day responding to chatbot questions.
- Why Facebook messenger?
- How do companies enter their jobs into GoBe? Can their job listings be scraped from their career sites?
- Does GoBe work with applicant tracking systems?
- Are you building custom chatbots?
- What is the cost of GoBe?
- I realize it’s early days for this technology, but do you have any ROI results?
- What haven’t we discussed that’s important for those contemplating using a chatbot for their open job reqs to consider or understand?