Ranking the Top Applicant Tracking Systems
I met Rob Kelly, CEO of Ongig through Jonathan Duarte. In speaking with Rob, I quickly realized I had used his company’s ATS Survey in an interview with Bill Kutik, discussing two of the better-known Applicant Tracking Systems, Taleo and iCIMS.
Ongig first began reporting on top applicant tracking systems in September 2014 and after 30,000 people read one post on it, they decided they had found pretty good Internet flypaper, and updated it for 2016.
Part of my conversation with Bill (and you’ll find a link to that podcast in the sidebar), had to do with the fact that there are numerous surveys out there ranking ATS market share – and they are remarkably different in their results.
So I asked Rob to join us for an HR Technology Channel podcast on TotalPicture Radio to discuss Ongig’s methodology in creating their list of the Top 70 Applicant Tracking Systems used by Companies.
Rob, welcome to TPR.
- Let’s start by having you tell us about your background.
- Give us the elevator pitch on Ongig. What does your company do?
- Let’s talk about your 2016 ATS Survey. (And listeners, you’ll find a link to the survey on Rob’s show page). First off, was your major objective to generate page views and link-bait?
- What is the methodology you used to come up with your ranking?
- Why do you think there’s such a big difference between your results and other surveys? For instance Capterra lists Bullhorn and #1 – a company I don’t even see on your pie chart?
- One legacy ATS, Taleo, that was bought by Oracle several years ago, has a very large piece of your pie chart, 36.43% which I find remarkable, considering I’ve never met any recruiter or HR manager who liked Taleo. They keep increasing their market share, am I right?
- A large part of your value proposition at Ongig is your ability to integrate with your client’s ATS’s, right?
- Is it more difficult to accomplish this with the legacy systems than the newer next generation ATS’s like Greenhouse and Lever?
- I would assume you have a pretty good read on the ATS market and adoption – any standouts?
- Another value prop that Ongig offers is responsive mobile design. For those not familiar with what that means, could you explain this?
- What is the percentage of job seekers using mobile devices – smartphones and tablets in their job search?
- Why do so many companies and and ATS’s flunk when it comes to mobile apply?
- Do you think this puts them at a competitive disadvantage?
- What do you think will be the next BIG THING in recruiting?
- Do you plan on updating your ATS Survey in the future?
- How can our listeners connect with you?