A weekly summary of trending news & commentary for busy talent acquisition technology execs and professionals.
HR tech VC investment swelled to $839.3 million year-to-date through Q3, which ended September 30.
• Q3 : TECH FOCUSED ON POST-HIRE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE EDGED OUT TALENT ACQUISITION IN Q3. We’re seeing employers look to employee experience as their strategic opportunity to plan, measure, and justify HR spend across the spectrum of HR service and technology. Investors seem to be following their lead.
• JOB BOARDS AND MARKETPLACES STAY IN FAVOR: Start a job board and call it a “marketplace.” That seems to be one way to get a path to funding in HR tech. The transactional nature of a job board lends itself to what investors see happening in the economy, and to a business model that looks good on paper.
• 57% of the VC investment so far this year went to Talent Acquisition related technology. Impressive, but that represents a drop from the 66% we reported last quarter.
#HRWINS, HR Tech Venture Capital in 2017 – Q3 Update, October 2, 2017
Job Boards & Social Media Sites
CDLjobs.com, a truck driving jobs website, announced that it has launched a new value-added option to its trucking company clients who want to recruit top truck drivers in the United States through TruckRight. TruckRight is considered by some to be the next generation of Applicant Tracking Systems as it enables Recruiting, Safety and HR to work seamlessly on a truly “All in One” platform. This feature-rich system encompasses Onboarding, Compliance Management, Electronic Driver Qualification Files and allows trucking companies to upload their own content. Source: Cision PR
Glassdoor.com, which provides both job listings as well as reviews of companies, recently went to court in an attempt to block federal prosecutors from obtaining the names of individuals who had posted anonymous comments about their company on the Glassdoor site (the specific company was not mentioned in court papers). Attorneys for Glassdoor, argued that the individuals who made the comments did so with the understanding that they would not come back to haunt them. But the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said Glassdoor must give prosecutors information they have about the people so they can be questioned by the grand jury in a federal fraud investigation. Whether that will open the door to other challenges of the Glassdoor anonymity policy remains to be seen. Source: Global Online Marketplaces
Gumtree, an online classifieds platform in the U.K., has launched its new jobs portal called Jobs from Gumtree. While Gumtree’s existing jobs offering was a popular resource, recruiter feedback indicated some were overwhelmed with too many unsuitable candidates. In addition, Gumtree’s time-based listings model meant job-seekers were not always seeing the true breadth of opportunities available since more prominent roles could be bumped up the list. The new features and search functionality help refine and optimize the process resulting in far more relevant jobs matches. Source: RecruitmentBuzz
Relode, an online healthcare recruitment platform providing peer-sourced clinical recruitment, announced that it has acquired strategic capital financing to accelerate growth. Heritage Group, a Nashville-based, healthcare-focused, growth equity firm, led the financing. Also joining the financing round was Nashville-based Frist Cressey Ventures. Relode currently offers permanent nurse and clinical leadership staffing services. The company will use a portion of the new funds to complete the inclusion of a virtual locum staffing platform and will begin to offer on-demand locum tenens and permanent placement of physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners to healthcare facilities, health systems, urgent care providers and payers across the United States. Source: BusinessWire
Sourcing, Matching, Assessing, Communicating (SMAC) Technology
Digi-Me, a digital recruitment firm specializing in tracked video technology for employers, announced that it is now offering custom branded landing pages that host all Digi-Me digital recruitment videos, including video job ads, cultural videos, and candidate expectation videos. With Digi-Me’s landing pages, clients now have a single web URL that houses all recruitment video content. This makes it extremely easy for HR and recruitment professionals to share their openings with their current communication and sourcing methods. It is a perfect solution for internal employee referrals and social media recruitment. Source: MarketWatch
Haymarket Business Media (HBM) Recruitment, part of Haymarket Media Group, has launched an initiative called ‘Wonderful Workplaces’ to get organizations fired up about showcasing their employer brand. Research conducted by Haymarket Business Media Recruitment during 2016 found that 90% of active jobseekers would take an employer’s brand into consideration when applying for jobs. The campaign spans multiple niche sectors including marketing, PR and the “third sector” to help recruiters amplify their brand to reach a variety of audiences, with the aim of attracting the right talent to their organizations. Source: OnRec
Standards & Best Practices
AllVoices.co is launching to let women and men bypass their company’s Human Resource Department and anonymously report instances of harassment, discrimination or bias to their CEO and Board of Directors. The site will then aggregate reports by company and deliver the data “without any personally identifiable information.” It will also keep users informed about when the company has received the report and if any action was taken. Source: USA Today November 16, 2017
TAtech: The Association for Talent Acquisition Solutions announced a special promotion for discounted registration at its 2018 conferences listed below. All of the conferences will explore trending issues and best practices in technology-based talent acquisition. Two options are being offered: Option #1: Register for any TAtech 2018 conference by November 30th, and get 10% off the normal registration rate. Use the discount code TATECHTEN18 when you register. Option #2: Register for TAtechEurope 2018 by the same date, and get 50% off a second TAtech 2018 conference. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount. Best of all, these discounts are on top of the already low Awesome Early Bird Discount Rate which is currently in effect for all of TAtech’s 2018 conferences.
TAprose and TAtech Global News Bulletin are brought to you by TAtech: The Association for Talent Acquisition Solutions.
Mark Your Calendars! TAtech’s 2018 events include:
• February 12-13, 2018 Scottsdale, Arizona USA: The TAtech Leadership Summit on AI/Machine Learning in Talent Acquisition – the only conference totally focused on the capabilities and impact of AI/ML/NLP in recruitment.
• March 13-14, 2018 Dublin, Ireland: TAtechEurope 2018 – the premier event for recruitment advertising and technology thought & business leaders in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
• April 18-19, 2018 Las Vegas, Nevada USA: The TAtech Spring Congress & Meetup – a unique conference designed to maximize opportunities for B2B networking, trending topic discussions and the exploration of partnerships and business opportunities.
• June 5-6, 2018 Minneapolis, Minnesota USA: The TAtech Leadership Summit on Programmatic Ad Buying – the only conference totally focused on the technology and applications of programmatic ad buying by both publishers and advertisers.
• September 26-27, 2018 Bourbon Street New Orleans, Louisiana USA: The TAtech Fall Congress & World Job Board Forum – the only conference that brings together the global thought and business leaders of the TA technology industry.